This Christmas I received several gifts to support my habits. I have been blown away all year by the gifts we’ve gotten from friends family and really people coming out of the woodwork to be so nice while planning and celebrating our wedding. I had assumed Christmas would be quiet for us and give us a chance to try and return the favor. Our family and friends surprised us once again with really thoughtful and fun gifts. Here are some crafty/cooking ones:
- These mugs were at Starbucks this winter and I heard about them through Ravelry and my knitting girls, much to mom’s chagrin. Still, I love it and it’s already found a home next to my Hello Kitty and plant at work.
- Also from my mom is this cute little sachet to carry all my sewing notions. I love the pattern and it’s nice to have another pair of good scissors–how do I always seem to lose them?!
- I asked Santa for Amy Butler’s In Stitches book and was happy to receive it from Grandma-in-law Grace who is quite the quilter. I’m planning on doing some serious sewing in ’09 and am looking forward to the patterns in this book.
- Savoring France Cookbook: Eric’s mom got everyone in the family one of these cookbooks and made them an apron to go-with. I won’t lie, French cooking intimidates me but there are some recipes in the book that look yummy, like the artichoke and asparagus with goat cheese and olives and a yummy potato au-gratin recipe.
- Eric received Savoring Mexico, which is appropriate as Mexican food is all he ever wants to eat. I’m really excited about the recipes in this book, everything from ceviche to plantains and mexican eggnog (photo below). I know we’ll be using that book regularly and I cant wait to get started.
This list doesn’t even begin to include the goodies I stole from my mom’s craft room but I barely had time to unpack my luggage last night before falling asleep, the traveling and time change did me in. I’m hoping to be fully rested by tomorrow though, Eric and I have big New Year’s Eve/Day plans (that may involve Joe Paterno!) and I want to be feeling my best!